NAAJA - Client Management System (CMS)
CMS is an online Client Management System that has been especially developed to suit the needs of Aboriginal Legal Services (‘ALS’). It is aimed at meeting the requirements of the small-to-medium service and is being used by NAAJA (Darwin, Katherine and Miwatj offices) and CAALAS (Alice Springs and Tennant Creek offices).
Special features of the Client Management System include:
- Attorney General performance indicator tool and the old ATSIC reports.
- Standard Management and Operational reports.
- Letters are done using soEditor tool and client information is transferred from the CMS.
- Storage and reporting of court appearance, appointments, charges, and actions dates for production of Solicitors’ Diaries, Resubmit lists and the like.
- Linking of related Matters, e.g. for appeals against sentences or for co-accused.
- Speedy recording of advice information and referrals.
- Storage of ‘contacts’, staff and solicitor (staff or non-staff) details.
- System security through the use of User Identifiers and Passwords.
- Comprehensive User Manual and on-line Help.
- A Test database to allow users to try out new features or those with which they are not familiar without jeopardizing the integrity of the production data.
- (Under Administrator control) combination or deletion of duplicate Client or Matter records.